This was originally published on BeckersHospitalReview.com and appears in full below.
By Kelly Gooch
Penn Foster, a U.S. for-profit, regionally and nationally-accredited online career school, will offer a new International Classification of Diseases certification program, ICD-10 Training for ICD-9 Coders.
Here are six things to know about the program.
1. The program is designed to prepare medical coders already trained in ICD-9 to acquire the ICD-10 training and knowledge they need to take an ICD-10 certification exam.
2. It was designed as a comprehensive program teaching coding using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS Level I, and HCPCS Level II practices.
3. Structured with "basic," "intermediate" and "advanced" modules, the program consists of 18 lessons, including a "virtual work experience" component.
4. Students will be allowed up to a year to complete the program, after which they will be eligible to sit for the American Academy of Professional Coders Certified Professional Coder (or NHA or AHIMA) exam to become a certified coding professional.
5. The program is designed as follow-on to Penn Foster's Medical Billing and Coding Program, and available to students in the U.S. beginning May 10.
6. More information on Penn Foster's ICD-10 Training for ICD-9 Coders is available here.
CECU Annual Convention
Join Penn Foster and hundreds of career college leaders at the 2017 Career Education Colleges & Universities (CECU) Convention to connect with colleagues and discuss innovative ideas for advancing education with a career focus.
Penn Foster Earns Place on the Prestigious 2016 Tyton Growth50 List
Brandon Hall Group Awards Penn Foster Education Group with 2015 Bronze Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Award
Penn Foster Awarded 2016 Military Friendly® School Designation
For Media Inquiries, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org