Phlebotomy Technician Program Overview
The Phlebotomy Technician Career Diploma program effectively prepares learners with the phlebotomy procedures, fundamentals, and training needed prior to acquiring hands-on practice in a clinical setting, as required for certification. Aligned to employer needs and industry-recognized exams, the program includes comprehensive lessons, simulations, and clinical lab. As a growing, in-demand role, the Phlebotomy Technician program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
Certification Exam Preparation
Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) certification offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Average Completion Time
Time to complete is based on individual learner progression.
- Analysis of Specimens
- Blood Collection and Analysis of Blood
- Venipuncture Procedures
- Common and Uncommon Complications of Venipuncture
- Patient Education
Features and Benefits
- PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge SIMTIC simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Program includes robust practice lab kit to help learners practice phlebotomy and intravenous (IV) techniques
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Committed support for learners from faculty, staff, and online resources
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accrediting (CHEA).