Health Information Clerk Program Overview
Penn Foster’s online Health Information Clerk training program prepares learners to maintain medical records, from understanding the laws and policies that regulate medical information to processing and releasing records.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to manage requests for patient health information, process requests with accuracy and attention to patient confidentiality, and ensure proper invoicing for records requests.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Health Information Clerk, Medical Records Clerk, and Medical Records Assistant.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Use of electronic medical records systems
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training