Occupational Therapy Aide
Occupational Therapy Aide Training for Your Employees
Prepare to meet the growing need for skilled occupational therapy aides while providing a career pathway that can help retain your dedicated employees. Through online occupational therapy aide training, you can give workers the skills needed to better serve your clients. In our online career training program, learners will cover topics like Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), adaptive equipment, and therapeutic treatment.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Typical professional responsibilities of occupational therapy aides, including assisting with activities of daily living, administrative duties, inventory control, and telephone etiquette.
- The importance of a safe health care environment, including potential hazards and fall prevention, and the aide’s role in maintaining a clean, safe workplace.
- The basics of medical terminology, including an overview of various body systems, how these body systems work together, and common disorders associated with each system.
- Different therapy treatments and the modalities used in those treatments.
Occupational Therapy Aide Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 2 - 6 mo
Penn Foster’s online Occupational Therapy Aide Training curriculum equips workers with the essential skills needed to be effective aides in your organization. Online courses include:
- Medical and Body Systems Terminology
- Activities of Daily Living and Adaptive Equipment
- Therapy and Safety Skills
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
The Physical Therapy Aide Program prepares workers to be effective employees through training in physical therapy techniques, working with clients, and more.
This certificate program covers the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology that can prepare learners for careers in the medical field.
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).