Offering Hope, Encouragement, and Knowledge During Vet Tech Week
Posted by Des Sinkevich on October 23, 2020
Meet Penn Foster’s expert Veterinary Academy staff
In part one, meet instructors Brianna Ives, Veronica Benson, Vicki McLain, Amy Dunning, Dr. Angela Nguyen, and Director Emeritus, Dr. Jim Hurrell.
Then, hear from instructors Lauren Levish, Chandel DeLucca, Suzanne Fauver, Amber Sanna, and Academy Director, Megan Chadwick in part two.
Learn more about the Penn Foster experience
In our Distinguished Graduates Panel, you’ll hear from graduates Nicole LaForest, Simone Conwell, Mary Cox, and Paula Hargis about their Penn Foster journey and what they’re doing in the field now.
Want to hear more about the learner experience and how Penn Foster programs have helped students become skilled, dedicated veterinary technicians? Our Alumni Spotlight Podcast goes in-depth with veterinary technician alumni. If you are interested in the program manager perspective, BluePearl’s Program Manager, Amy Newfield shares her experiences as well.
Strengthen your industry knowledge
Learn more about:
- How to Talk About Pet Health Insurance - Consultants from Blue Heron, Trupanion’s training organization, were joined by a credentialed veterinary technician to talk about pet insurance and teach our students how to address it with their own clients.
- Standardizing Veterinary CPR - Prior to 2012, veterinary medicine had no consensus guidelines for veterinary CPR procedures. While more than 20 percent of human patients who suffer cardiac arrests in the hospital survive to go home to their families, the equivalent figure for dogs and cats is less than 6 percent. The Reassessment Campaign on Veterinary Resuscitation (RECOVER) initiative to develop evidence-based CPR guidelines involved over 100 board-certified veterinary specialists with the goal of improving veterinary CPR and the outcome in small animal patients.
- Positivity in the Workplace and Life - Melissa J. Supernor is a lecturer and consultant specializing in Practice Development, Professional and Career Development and Internal Medicine topics at a variety of venues including the local, state, and national levels. Through her organization, she discusses work/life balance and professional development for members of veterinary healthcare teams.
- Veterinary Nursing Care Plans - What Are They and Are They Worth the Effort? - Helen Ballantyne, RN, RVN in the U.K. discussed veterinary nursing care plans and how and why they should be implemented.
- Doing Well By Doing Good - “America’s Veterinarian” and founder of the Fear Free certification movement, Dr. Marty Becker, discussed his passion for the profession and how those in the field can be successful financially and emotionally.