Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor
Dog Obedience Instructor Training for Your Employees
The Dog Obedience Instructor Training Program prepares workers to take on roles as dog trainers or instructors in your organization. Whether you’re a thriving veterinary practice or pet grooming business, having skilled dog trainers on-hand allows you to provide additional services to clients, increasing your bottom line. By providing in-depth, flexible training for your workforce, you can also improve employee retention, develop a talent pipeline, and attract top job applicants.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Common behavior problems and strategies for prevention and treatment, identify the pros and cons of punishment versus reinforcement, as well as the signals and displays that dogs use to communicate with each other and with humans.
- Identify the various types of canine training, know the commands to teach dogs basic obedience, and recognize types of dog-training equipment.
- Define dog testing, state the functions of the American Kennel Club, and list its seven major groups of dog breeds.
- Basic nutrition, reproductive functions, and caring for a dog in old age, as well as know first-aid procedures for shock and wounds.
Online Dog Obedience Instructor Training Curriculum
- 11 courses
- 29 exams
- 4 submitted projects
- 48.7 CEUs
The Dog Obedience Instructor Training Program curriculum covers the foundational knowledge and skills your employees need to be successful on the job. Online courses include:
- Applied Dog Behavior
- Behavioral Problems
- Assistance Dogs
- Search and Rescue Training
digital and blended learning programs that attract, upskill, and retain workers in America's fastest-growing fields and professions.
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Upskill your practice’s employees with an AVMA-CVTEA accredited Veterinary Technician program that preps workers for the VTNE.
This online program prepares learners to be effective pet groomers, covering techniques for working with dogs and cats.