Fitness and Nutrition
Fitness and Nutrition Training for Your Employees
Aa the fitness and nutrition industry continues to grow, prepare your organization to meet demand by providing flexible, online training to new and current employees with Penn Foster’s Fitness and Nutrition Certificate Program. Learners will build foundational skills that can help them work with clients on nutrition plans, fitness goals, and overall wellness – increasing client and employee retention.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How nutrients fit into a healthy eating plan, and how to distinguish the ingredients needed to prepare healthy and specialized menus.
- Muscle structures and their roles in movement, and how to understand the physiology of muscle contraction and the importance of attaining good posture.
- The structures of the upper and lower body, and how to identify programs and exercises to enhance upper- and lower-body fitness.
- Common risks and signs of disease, how to obtain and use screening data, and understanding how to supply exercise information for people with health conditions.
Fitness and Nutrition Training Curriculum
- 7 Courses
- 13 Exams
- 19.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Designed to help learners build fundamental skills, the Fitness and Nutrition Certificate Program covers essential topics relevant to working in the field, as well as foundational medical knowledge such as terminology, anatomy, and more. Online courses include:
- Exercise Science Terminology
- Fitness Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition Basics
- Health Screening, Testing, and Evaluation
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This certificate program covers the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology that can prepare learners for careers in the medical field.
The Medical Terminology Certificate covers the common and essential terms used in the healthcare field to prepare workers to better understand their day-to-day responsibilities.