Electrician - Residential & Light Commercial
Online Electrician Apprenticeship Program
The comprehensive, online Related Technical Instruction (RTI) for a Residential and Light Commercial Electrician Apprenticeship program can be configured to meet the needs of your business and state licensure requirements. Our digital learning effectively complements on-the-job training to ensure your employees are ready for real-world electrical work.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Basic electrical symbols used in electrical schematic diagrams and wiring plans. Maintenance and repair of essential driveline components.
- How to bend and install conduit, wiring, and cables in residential circuits.
- Installing various types of control devices, including hand operated switches, automatic switches, magnetically controlled devices, and remote-control systems.
- Installing various types of protective devices, including fuses, circuit breakers, and ground fault circuit interrupters.
Electrician Apprenticeship Curriculum
Est. base curriculum duration: 756 hours
Penn Foster's Residential and Light Commercial Electrician Apprenticeship training outline covers topics such as AC/DC principles, basic industrial math, capacitors and inductors, and more. Geared toward both new and veteran employees alike, the program is designed to cover basic skills before progressing to more complex topics. Online courses include:
- Working Safely with Electricity
- Print Reading Symbols and Abbreviations
- Electrical Components - Operations and Maintenance
- Electrical Wiring Practices
State Licensing Requirements
Penn Foster's configurable training outlines can be used to register your apprenticeship with the U.S. Department of Labor or your State Apprenticeship Agency. Our training consultants can work with you to build your apprenticeship program and help you seamlessly navigate the registration process. You can also find additional information and resources on how to set up apprenticeship programs through the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration.
Our Proven Apprenticeship Model
Innovative Learning Experience