Online HVACR Apprenticeship for Your Employees
Through Penn Foster’s online HVACR Technician Apprenticeship Program, your workers will gain expertise and advanced skills that can prepare them for on-the-job success. This online apprenticeship training program is designed to equip trainees with the maintenance skills to assemble, install, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC systems for residential and commercial properties.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Mathematical processes and formulas necessary for the design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems.
- Usage of HVACR materials, equipment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks.
- Safety procedures and established regulations related to workplace and job requirements.
- Procedures for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and maintaining HVACR systems.
HVACR Technician Apprenticeship Curriculum
Estimated Base Curriculum Duration: 718 hours
Built with job-readiness in mind, Penn Foster's HVACR Technician Apprenticeship curriculum provides training in mathematics, print reading, pipe fitting, air conditioning systems, controls for air conditioning, electric circuits, and motors. Paired with on-the-job training, this program was designed to ensure your employees become experts in the field. Online courses include:
- Safe Handling of Pressurized Gasses and Welding
- Preventive Maintenance Techniques
- Reading Prints and Schematics
- Principles of Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning
Penn Foster's configurable training outlines can be used to register your apprenticeship with the U.S. Department of Labor or your State Apprenticeship Agency. Our training consultants can work with you to build your apprenticeship program and help you seamlessly navigate the registration process. You can also find additional information and resources on how to set up apprenticeship programs through the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration.
Our Proven Apprenticeship Model
Innovative Learning Experience