Online Pharmacy Assistant Training for Your Employees
In Penn Foster’s online Pharmacy Assistant Certificate Program, your employees will learn how to receive, record, and verify prescription orders to ensure that they are being filed correctly and in a timely manner. Learners will be able to provide efficient and effective support to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians by maintaining electronic patient information and performing administrative duties, including answering phones and maintaining and stocking supplies.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How to provide excellent customer service to patients, keeping in mind patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintaining electronic patient information and performing day-to-day administrative duties.
- Pharmacy billing and reimbursement procedures, including completing cash transactions and other duties.
Online Pharmacy Assistant Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
Designed with job-readiness in mind, Penn Foster’s Pharmacy Assistant Training Program curriculum prepares workers to effectively handle the day-to-day duties of a pharmacy assistant in a retail or hospital setting. Online courses cover topics including:
- Communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Pharmacy billing and reimbursement procedures
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This ASHP-accredited program can help your workers become certified technicians with training that preps for the PTCE and ExCPT exams.
PTCB-approved pharmacy technician certification prep program prepares your workers to sit for the PTCE and ExCPT exams.