Residential Electrician Training For Your Employees
Grow your business and create a career path for dedicated employees with Penn Foster’s online Residential Electrician Training Program. Through coursework that can be completed around their schedule, workers can gain the skills and knowledge needed to be successful on the job while developing an understanding of the National Electrical Code.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How to interpret basic electrical blueprints and technical drawings to follow the required specifications of electrical projects.
- How to select and install various types of conductors, wires, and cables.
- How to identify various types of control devices, including hand-operated switches, automatic switches, magnetically controlled devices, and remote-control systems.
- The National Electrical Code, ensuring they understand and comply with a variety of regulations when installing, inspecting, and maintaining commercial and residential electrical systems.
Electrician Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 11 - 15 mo
Aligned with the National Electrical Code and industry standards, our Residential Electrician Training Program covers essential skills and knowledge to ensure your workers are an asset to your business. Courses include:
- Reading Electrical Drawings, Schematics, and Blueprints
- Working with Residential and Small Commercial Electrical Systems
- The National Electrical Code®
- Troubleshooting and Electrical Contracting
As the trusted training provider for leading employers, education providers, and job training organizations, Penn Foster designs and delivers digital and blended learning programs that attract, upskill, and retain workers in America's fastest-growing fields and professions.
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).