Dental Assistant Career Diploma Program Overview
The Dental Assistant Career Diploma program effectively prepares learners with the skills needed for managing office operations, understanding dental health terminology and procedures, scheduling appointments, and updating patient records. Aligned to employer needs, the program includes comprehensive lessons and simulations to help learners prepare for the National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA) exam from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). As a growing, in-demand role, the Dental Assistant program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
Certification Exam Preparation
National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA) exam from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
Average Completion Time
Time to complete is based on individual learner progression.
- Career readiness
- Dental terminology, anatomy and charting
- Preventative dentistry and ethics
- Infection control and dental emergencies
- Dental medications and materials
- Dental specialties
- Dental front office
Features and Benefits
- Online access to Dental Practice Management Software (Practice Web Dental)
- Graduates can go on to become a Certified Dental Assistant after performing 3500 hours and passing the DANB CDA (Certified Dental Assistant) exam
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including Dental Practice Management Software
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Career diploma programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accrediting (CHEA).