Insurance & Billing Clerk Program Overview
Penn Foster’s online Insurance and Billing Clerk Certificate prepares learners to interpret information on a patient’s chart and generate invoices using the corresponding codes from insurance companies to provide timely and accurate billing services.
Students will learn how to prepare and transmit claims, research, correct and re-bill outstanding insurance claims, and work with medical office personnel to manage the facility’s insurance accounts receivable.
Upon completing the program, learners will understand specific payer billing and payment rules, managed care contracts, and reimbursement schedules to effectively and efficiently process claims and payments.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Insurance and Billing Clerk, Insurance Billing Specialist, Medical Billing and Accounts Clerk, and Insurance Billing and Collections Specialist.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Use of electronic medical records systems
- Understanding of medical billing, reimbursements, and insurance procedures
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training