Dietary Aide Program Overview
The Dietary Aide Pathway program will prepare students to successfully function as a Dietary Aide, assisting in patients’ recovery by helping to meet their nutritional needs. The student will learn to work with dietitians and the patient care team to create a diet plan for patients to ensure it meets their nutritional needs and treatment plan.
The program will train students to properly interview and take medical histories of patients to identify chronic illnesses and food allergies, and to understand their lifestyle needs and food choices. Students will learn to stock and take inventory of supplies, set up food items, assist in food preparation and transportation, maintain storeroom and food preparation areas, and maintain sanitation activities.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Dietary Aide, Food Service Aide, and Nutrition Service Technician.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Medical terminology
- Basic nutrition and caring for patients with special dietary needs
- Food preparation and food service safety
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training