Hospital Care Assistant
Hospital Care Assistant Training for Your Employees
The Hospital Care Assistant Program trains workers to assist the nursing staff in performing direct and indirect nursing activities; provide for the general comfort, safety and well-being of the patients; and support the general functions of the patient care team. The program also addresses how to prepare patients for treatments or examinations and monitor and collect lab specimens.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) including cleaning and bathing patients, repositioning and transferring patients between beds and wheelchairs, and monitoring and reporting on patients’ health concerns and status.
- Assisting in patient lift equipment, fall precautions, and patient safety policies.
- Foundational medical terminology and body systems terminology that are used daily on the job.
- The importance of patient confidentiality, as well as understanding and closely following HIPAA guidelines.
Hospital Care Assistant Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
The Hospital Care Assistant Training Program will teach employees the foundational skills and knowledge needed to be effective in the role on a daily basis. Online courses cover topics such as:
- Patient communication and customer service
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA training
- Medical terminology, including body systems and function
- Use of adaptive equipment to support Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- OSHA and safe patient handling
- Providing care for a variety of patients and situations, including assisting in emergency situation
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Equip your workers with the skills they need to sit for medical assistant certification exams, including the CCMA, RMA, and more.
This program prepares workers to be effective hospital companions and covers topics including safety procedures, sanitation requirements, and more.