Medical Assistant Program Overview
The Medical Assistant Career Diploma program effectively prepares learners to perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician or mid-level provider. Aligned to employer needs and industry-recognized exams, the program incorporates traditional clinical skills in a nontraditional setting through the use of simulation, recorded demonstrations, and live instructional sessions. Courses are sequenced for learner success and include a required externship experience. As a growing, in-demand role, the Medical Assistant program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
Certification Exam Preparation
American Medical Technologists (AMT) Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Certification
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
The National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
The Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) offered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
The Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam (CPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)¹
Average Completion Time
Time to complete is based on individual learner progression.
Required Externship Experience
Learners gain on-the-job, hands on experience in the field.
- Medical Coding
- Reimbursement Methodology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Pathology & Pharmacology
- Medical Surgical Procedures
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Sterile Technique
Features and Benefits
- Robust lab kit needed to complete practical labs is included
- NHA certification prep materials and a voucher to cover the cost of the CCMA exam ($235 value)
- PFx learning platform provides engaging and interactive learning materials including numerous simulations and hands-on practical labs
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Committed support for learners from faculty, staff, and online resources
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accrediting (CHEA).