Contact Tracer Pathway Program Overview
The Contact Tracer pathway program will train learners to properly track and monitor contacts over the phone and perform data entry as part of infectious disease control measures employed by local and state health departments and other health organizations.
Students will obtain understanding of the medical terms and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions, symptoms of disease, and pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic infection. Upon completion of this program, they will be prepared to work as a public health staff member and will learn necessary skills to conduct interviews with exposed individuals on their potential exposures or contacts.
Additionally, students will learn how to confidentially, and with cultural sensitivity, communicate and provide education, information, and support to exposed individuals so they can understand their risk. As a fast-growing, in-demand role, the Contact Tracer program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Contact Tracer, Disease Investigator and Disease Intervention Specialist.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Understanding infection, infectious disease and transmission
- Computer and administrative skills
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials