Health Information Clerk
Health Information Clerk Training for Your Employees
Penn Foster’s online Health Information Clerk Training Program prepares learners to maintain medical records, from understanding the laws and policies that regulate medical information to processing and releasing records. Upon completion of the program, workers will be able to manage requests for patient health information, process requests with accuracy and attention to patient confidentiality, and ensure proper invoicing for records requests.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How to provide excellent customer service to patients, keeping in mind patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
- Computer applications and administrative skills required to record patient data, processing records, and releasing records.
- How to properly use and maintain electronic medical records systems.
Health Information Clerk Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
Designed with job readiness in mind, the Health Information Clerk Training Program covers topics such as:
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Use of electronic medical records systems
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Equip your healthcare workers with the administrative skills and knowledge they need to sit for the CMAA and CEHRS exams.
Expand your workers’ skillsets with medical billing and coding training that prepares learners for the CBCS, CPC, and CCA exams.