Medical Billing and Coding Career Diploma Program Overview
The Penn Foster Medical Billing and Coding diploma program properly prepares students to become medical billing and coding specialists by sequencing coding courses at the Basic and Intermediate levels before introducing advanced coding as part of the Billing and Coding Professional Certification Exam Review. Coursework is based on the actual CPC test, so students feel ready to tackle the next step after their training: Medical Billing and Coding certification.
Trained medical billing and coding professionals find jobs in a variety of healthcare environments, such as offices of physicians, hospitals, insurance and administrative companies, and skilled nursing facilities. Penn Foster alumni have secured jobs at companies like United Healthcare/Optum, Cleveland Clinic, and Davita.
- Confidentiality law & regulations
- Bill & reimbursement processes
- Electronic Medical Records
- Medical terminology & body systems
- Pathology & pharmacology
- Procedure coding including: ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS Level I, and HCPCS Level II
Features and Benefits
- NHA CBCS Exam: 89% Pass Rate (+7% over national average)
- Certification review to prepare learners for exams
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Committed support for learners from faculty, staff, and online resources