Dietary Aide Training for Your Employees
The Dietary Aide Program will prepare workers to successfully function as a dietary aide, assisting in patients’ recovery by helping them meet their nutritional needs. Your employees will learn to work with dietitians and the patient care team to create a diet plan for patients, as well as how to properly interview and take medical histories of patients to identify chronic illnesses and food allergies, and to understand their lifestyle needs and food choices.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How to stock and take inventory of supplies, set up food items, assist in food preparation and transportation, maintain storeroom and food preparation areas, and maintain sanitation activities.
- The foundations of communicating with patients and providing excellent customer service in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Working with patients with special dietary restrictions to meet nutritional needs.
- Food preparation and food service safety in order to meet requirements.
Dietary Aide Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
The Dietary Aide Training Program curriculum covers the foundational knowledge and skills your employees need to be successful on the job. Online courses will cover:
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Medical terminology
- Basic nutrition and caring for patients with special dietary needs
- Food preparation and food service safety
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Equip your workers with the skills they need to sit for medical assistant certification exams, including the CCMA, RMA, and more.
This program prepares workers to assist nursing staff with day-to-day activities in hospitals and in-patient care facilities.