Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide Training For Your Employees
The Home Health Aide Career Diploma Program effectively prepares learners to assist clients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) in a private home or community setting. Aligned to market and employer needs, the program includes courses sequenced for your learners' success, and a required externship to help students gain necessary hands-on experience.
What Your Learners Will Study
- The therapeutic communication skills needed in order to work effectively with clients and client families to provide excellent care and service.
- The various body systems, including structure, function, diseases, disorders, and treatments as well as drug delivery systems, drug administration routes, drug classifications, and commonly used medications for various organ system disorders.
- In the Home Care Procedures unit, learners will develop the skills and knowledge to provide safe home care to clients, including taking vital signs and performing basic health assessments.
- The law and ethical principles that impact healthcare, including the common-law basis for the confidentiality of healthcare information and the laws regulating healthcare information collected and maintained by government agencies.
Home Health Aide Training Curriculum
- 25 exams
- 1 project
- 1 externship (40 hours)
- 9 courses
Our training program is designed to prepare learners to be an instrumental part of your home care team as a home health aide working in home or community settings. Online courses include:
- Home care procedures
- Body systems and medication
- Caring for clients of any age
- Caring for clients with special needs
- Dealing with emergencies
- Law, ethics, & confidentiality
- Therapeutic communication skills
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Equip your workers with the skills they need to sit for medical assistant certification exams, including the CCMA, RMA, and more.
This program prepares workers to be effective hospital companions and covers topics including safety procedures, sanitation requirements, and more.
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).