Physical Therapy Aide
Physical Therapy Aide Training for Your Employees
Skilled physical therapy aides are a benefit to any practice, allowing your business to take on more client appointments. Equip your staff with online physical therapy aide training to help grow your business while providing a career path for dedicated workers.
What Your Learners Will Study:
- The importance of and techniques used in good customer service and effective communication between the aide, the physical therapist, and the patient.
- Common physical therapy techniques including the use of heat and cold modalities, and their effects on the body.
- Medical terminology related to body systems and physical disorders in order to communicate accurately with patients and colleagues.
- The importance of a safe health care environment, including potential hazards and fall prevention.
Online Physical Therapy Aide Training Curriculum
- 5 courses
- 16.3 CEUs
- 10 exams
- Optional work experience
Penn Foster’s Physical Therapy Aide Training curriculum is designed with job-readiness in mind, preparing workers to build the essential skills needed as therapy aides. Online courses include:
- Body Systems Terminology
- Physical Therapy Treatments
- Exercise and Mobility Training
- Customer Service
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This program prepares workers for roles as entry-level occupational therapy aides through topics like Activities of Daily Living, adaptive equipment, and therapeutic treatment.
This certificate program covers the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology that can prepare learners for careers in the medical field.