Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative Training for Your Employees
Penn Foster’s online Patient Service Representative Training Program will prepare workers to coordinate activities related to the admission of patients, including registering patients and obtaining and verifying pertinent information, such as demographic, social, and financial data.
What Your Learners Will Study:
- How to effectively obtain and communicate consent and legal forms, including Advance Directives and Patient Rights documents.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage, regulatory compliance, and claims errors, and be able to communicate benefits and financial responsibility to patients.
- How to provide excellent customer service to patients, keeping in mind patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
- Understanding commonly used medical terminology.
Patient Service Representative Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
Designed with job-readiness in mind, Penn Foster’s Patient Service Representative Training curriculum covers the essential skills and knowledge needed to prepare your workers to become effective members of your healthcare team. Online courses cover topics such as:
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Medical terminology
- Use of electronic medical records systems
- Understanding of medical billing, reimbursements, and insurance procedures
As the trusted training provider for leading employers, education providers, and job training organizations, Penn Foster designs and delivers digital and blended learning programs that attract, upskill, and retain workers in America's fastest-growing fields and professions.
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This training program prepares your workers to be effective information clerks in a hospital setting through courses on electronic medical records, patient communication, and more.
Equip your staff with the skills and knowledge they need to manage and update medical records in a variety of healthcare settings.