Home Health Aide Program Overview
The Home Health Aide Career Diploma program effectively prepares learners to assist clients with Activities of Daily Life and Instrumental Activities of Daily Life in a private home or community setting. Aligned to market and employer needs, the program includes courses, sequenced for learner success, and a required externship to help students gain necessary hands-on experience. As a growing, in-demand role, the Home Health Aide program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
Average Completion Time
Time to complete is based on individual learner progression.
Required Externship Experience
Learners gain on-the-job, real world experience through a clinical externship program.
- Home care procedures
- Body systems and medication
- Caring for clients of any age
- Caring for clients with special needs
- Dealing with emergencies
- Law, ethics, & confidentiality
- Therapeutic communication skills
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials
- Program includes practice lab blood pressure kit
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Committed support for learners from faculty, staff, and online resources
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accrediting (CHEA).