Sterile Processing Technician Program Overview
The Sterile Processing Technician Career Diploma program effectively prepares learners with the fundamental practices and procedures of aseptic technique to prevent the exposure and transmission of infectious agents and contaminants. Aligned to employer needs and the leading industry-recognized exams the program includes 12 courses, sequenced for learner success. As a growing, in-demand role, the Sterile Processing Technician program can effectively train your outplaced workers or upskill your existing employees into this high need field.
Certification Exam Preparation
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam offered by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
Average Completion Time
Time to complete is based on individual learner progression.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Terminology & Body Systems
- Aseptic Technique
- Disinfection Techniques
- HIPAA Regulations & Patient Privacy
- Surgical & Complex Surgical Instruments
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Quality Assurance & Record Keeping
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accrediting (CHEA).