Hospital Greeter Pathway Program Overview
Penn Foster’s online Hospital Greeter pathway training program will prepare students to be a representative of the hospital by welcoming and assisting patients, their families, and other visitors, establishing and maintaining a positive and warm environment.
Students will learn how to perform administrative duties, including answer all incoming phone calls, performing check-in and check-out procedures, and collecting patient demographic information.
After completing the program, learners will be prepared to confidently respond to visitor requests, provide information and referral resources, and direct visitors to different services and departments in the hospital.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Hospital Greeter, Emergency Room Greeter, Hospital Ambassador, and Client Service and Administrative Support personnel.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials
- Committed support for learners from faculty, staff, and online resources