Patient Transporter Program Overview
The Patient Transporter program will train learners to provide safe, dependable, and courteous patient transportation services for all admissions, discharges, and transfers, throughout the hospital or long-term care facility.
Students will learn how to maintain and be responsible for all departmental equipment, including wheelchairs, stretchers, and TransCarts, and be able to transport equipment and documents relating to patient care and transport.
This program will prepare learners for roles such as Patient Transporter, Patient Escort, Orderly, Guest Services Associate, and Internal Transporter.
The pathway curriculum can be customized to the needs of your organization.*
- Communication and Customer Service
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Use of adaptive equipment to support Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- OSHA and safe patient handling
Features and Benefits
- Delivered on the PFx learning platform which provides engaging and interactive learning materials, including cutting-edge simulations, recorded demonstrations, live sessions, and more
- Career pathway programs include wraparound learner support, access to instructors and coaches, ensuring your students successfully progress through training
- Engaging digital textbooks and study materials