Personal Caregiver Skills
Online Personal Caregiver Training for Your Employees
Prepare to meet the growing demand for personal caregivers while providing a career pathway that can help retain dedicated employees. Through online personal caregiver skills training, you can grow your client list and improve worker productivity.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Standard procedures needed to maintain clean, safe, and healthy environments.
- The standard practices used to assist clients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, physical movement, and mental exercises.
- The correct way to administer prescribed treatments, therapies, and basic first aid as directed, when appropriate and allowed.
- Unique practices and procedures involved with caring for special needs populations.
Personal Caregiver Skills Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 3-7 mo
Penn Foster’s online Personal Caregiver Skills Certificate Program helps your employees build the foundational knowledge and confidence to be effective caregivers. Online courses include:
- Therapeutic Communication
- Law, Ethics, and Confidentiality in Allied Health
- Home Care Procedures
- Meeting Clients’ Needs
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Prepare your workers for this in-demand career in a residential or community setting with training on home care procedures.
This program prepares workers to assist nursing staff with day-to-day activities in hospitals and in-patient care facilities.
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).