Personal Caregiver Skills
Online Personal Caregiver Training for Your Employees
Prepare to meet the growing demand for personal caregivers while providing a career pathway that can help retain dedicated employees. Through online personal caregiver skills training, you can grow your client list and improve worker productivity.
What Your Learners Will Study
- Standard procedures needed to maintain clean, safe, and healthy environments.
- The standard practices used to assist clients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, physical movement, and mental exercises.
- The correct way to administer prescribed treatments, therapies, and basic first aid as directed, when appropriate and allowed.
- Unique practices and procedures involved with caring for special needs populations.
Personal Caregiver Skills Training Curriculum
- 23.3 continuing education units (CEUs)
- 14 exams
- 5 courses
Penn Foster’s online Personal Caregiver Skills Certificate Program helps your employees build the foundational knowledge and confidence to be effective caregivers. Online courses include:
- Therapeutic Communication
- Law, Ethics, and Confidentiality in Allied Health
- Home Care Procedures
- Meeting Clients’ Needs
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Prepare your workers for this in-demand career in a residential or community setting with training on home care procedures.
This program prepares workers to assist nursing staff with day-to-day activities in hospitals and in-patient care facilities.