Medical Terminology Classes for Your Employees
An understanding of medical terminology is vital for most healthcare jobs. Through Penn Foster’s online Medical Terminology Certificate, your workers can build essential knowledge that can improve their on-the-job performance and quality of care for patients.
What Your Learners Will Study
- The fundamentals and building methods of medical terminologies including the essential role of prefixes in writing medical terms and the importance of suffixes.
- The medical terms and meanings related to diagnoses, interventions, and body structures.
- The medical terms related to the musculoskeletal, circulatory, and respiratory systems.
- The medical terms related to the integumentary, nervous, and endocrine systems.
Medical Terminology Curriculum
- 2 courses
- 16.3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 10 exams
Our Medical Terminology Certificate Program is designed to help learners build foundational knowledge of the various medical terminologies regularly used in the workplace. Online courses include:
- The Fundamentals of Medical Terminology
- Diagnosis, Intervention, and Human Body Terms
- Musculoskeletal, Circulatory, and Respiratory Systems Terms
- Digestive, Urinary, and Reproductive System Terms
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This training program prepares your workers to be effective information clerks in a hospital setting through courses on electronic medical records, patient communication, and more.
This certificate program covers the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology that can prepare learners for careers in the medical field.